Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

I know it's been decades(or so it seems) since I posted. I've so much going on my plate and have been a bad blogger. But here I am, I've missed talking to you.

First off, I want to say hello and thanks to our Tita Carola, without whom I would never have gotten around to editing our photos. She was asking me to email her the holiday photos with the family, but since I've finally gotten them edited and resized, I'm putting them up here as well. It may make it for easier reading too.

The Christmas Tree with all the presents all ready for gift-giving

The wine and glasses have been set out in readiness for toasting

While waiting for Christmas, we sat around the table chatting...and I took this photo of my DH. This is his mushy face, that just about squishes my heart, sigh.  

The Legaspi's came over from next door to drop off their presents for the family. Pretty Kyla was in her beautiful long dress that she wore to Christmas Mass with her Mama.

Manang Judy and I wore the reindeer horns I'd brought along for props, hehe.

A photo of us girls who were all in shades of green...

...and of the "girls" in pinks and reds


CJ, Kyla and Isabelle

Tita NingNing

Tita Ning tries out the horns for herself...

Anoy Ricky and Anoy Nene

The DH lounging in LBI's room watching TV

Manang Judy 


The Carlos Eduardo Legaspi Family

Kyla and the DH

Isabelle with double sets of reindeer horns :)

Waiting around for things to get rolling

TVI leads the prayers

Tita Ning, Joben & the DH

Tita Ning handing out her specially wrapped presents...and Arlene peeking over her shoulder :)

Joben and the DH exchanging presents
 
The DH got an Adidas shirt from Joben

The DH and Anoy Ricky exchanging their presents

Anoy Ricky opening the present we got him when we were in Davao

Both of them showing off the toys they got.

The DH's action figure

The Dh faking his surprise at opening the present (a rashguard) he helped choose with Anoy Bong earlier that day...lol!


Anoy Bong opening his present from the DH: a high-tech pedometer that we hope he or Lisa will be able to make good use of. If you see him, do ask if he's using it, hehe. :)
I got my own pedometer when we were in Davao and I clip it on almost every day. It's a huge motivator and it makes me forego riding if I can walk the same distance! And I'm extra happy if at the end of the day I've clocked in my requisite 10,000 steps. :)

Tita Ning and her booty from Joben...

...from Anoy Bill...

...and from AZATRI

...and from the DH too.

AZATRI plus 1

I gave Isabelle a photobook (click on link to see a previous post with the completed pages) for Christmas...with a transparency marker to put in her own journalling since I just grabbed photos from her Facebook albums, so as not to spoil the surprise. 

This is my LBI looking through her own photobook. She loved it and I'm just happy that all the stress was well worth it! It was my first time to have a photobook printed out and I sent my order in 1st week of December to make the 2 week deadline. Since I had already done the lay-outs, I was hoping I'd get them earlier, but they kept botching the photobooks and had to be redone. I was getting frantic with the delays but   the printshop  finally got them delivered in the nick of time: Decemeber 23,whew!

This is the DH with his gi-normous present from LBI and TVI

Joben goofing with "his" presents

The generous donors with the grateful and happy recipients

This is me modeling the necklace that Arlene assembled. It matched the top I had on too, perfect timing!

Here's a close-up of my beautiful necklace. Thank you AZATRI!

Tita Mila sent a message that she wanted to be read out to all, and so Jaime got that honor. 

Joben opening more of his presents. This was a messenger bag from the AZATRI's

 
It never fails: either one or both will be goofing around when i snap photos,kooky guys! The 2 youngest of the brothers, they're especially close (Joben was best man at our wedding)..and call each other "Kid". Since the DH's pet name for me in school was also "kid"...it makes me a member of the Kid-triumvirate,lol! I love hanging out with these guys. You'll see from our Boracay photos(when I get around to posting them,hehe) that we hang out together the most on that trip.

After the gift-giving, we all got down to enjoying the Noche Buena that LBI had prepared for us.

I tried taking photos of all the dishes we dug into but my photos came out blurred, so this, of the ham was one of the clearer ones.

The carrot cake that Joben ordered from Calea. It's a known fact that  cakes fly off the refrigerated shelves at Calea's during holidays so he had ordered way ahead  of time.

Joben and LBI at the table

The AZATRI's

Jaime, Lisa and Anoy Bong

Tita Ning

A self-portrait of the DH and I at the last moment. I noticed belatedly that we hadn't gotten photos of us together,lol. :)

That's about it from me tonight. I'm off to work on the photos of Christmas Day...will put them up soon as I'm done.  Hope your Christmas Eve was as filled with family, blessings, gifts, good food and good cheer as ours was. Thank you for dropping by. A bientot, mes amis! :)



No comments: