I just had to laugh when I saw Julia's comment, lol! Sure needed the impetus to get back on the blogging horse. :)
I'm starting with the HongKong trip the DH gifted me on my birthday mid-February. I LOVELOVELOVE that the DH and I have started the tradition of taking special trips for my birthday. Last year, it was to Palawan, one of the most beautiful eco-tourism vacation-spot in the whole world! We had a blast while we were there, and came home awed by God's creations and the lushness of the beauty of the Philippines. But why my birthday and not his? His falls on December 12, and far too close to the craziness and expenses of Christmas to enjoy fully. :) So lucky me,lol!. Thank you Honey, you're the best! XXOOXX
[It may look like this is one endless day since our clothes looked the same from the first photo to the end! It just seemed that way because it was cold out (10-18 degrees) and we wore the same jackets the whole time! But trust us, we took warm showers and changed shirts and jeans during this 4-day-stay in Hong Kong,lol.]
Appropriately attired for the hiking we were anticipating. The DH even got me a new pair of sneakers, properly broken in by the time we left. :)
We also broke in our latest passports. (God- and wallet-willing, we'll be using these several more times before they need to be renewed.)
At the arrival hall at the Hong Kong International Airport
Our first sightseeing stop
With Cynthia, my cousin who works there. She found us our mini-home in HK and took us around. Thank you Cousin!
At the entrance to the Po Lin Monastery on the Island of Lantau that was fog-enshrouded.
After walking up the 280-steps to the largest outdoor Buddha, we didn't even get to actually see it, lol! The DH called it the "Invisible" Giant Buddha, hehe.
We had to sample the famous HK streetfood along Dundas Street in Mongkok.
We tried the octopus-on-a-stick with the surprisingly tasty mustard-wasabi sauce!
The next day found us at the Ocean Park after a filling breakfast prepared by Chang (Cynthia).
We took the recently opened Ocean Express from the Waterfront station up to the summit where we planned to start on the rides and work our way back to the attractions at the waterfront. :)
The rightfully named Abyss...I frankly felt the bottom of my heart fall out! I dunno whether I'll ever go up on this ride again. The first drop is the literally the pits...the succeeding drops aren't as bad. :)
This roller-coaster was a blast, we couldn't help laugh and howl on this ride, lol!
One of the sea lions perform during a segment of the awesome show "Sea Dreams".
Admiring more seals and sea-lions at the Pacific Pier
The DH rode the Mine Train on his own. I had gotten too queasy by this time. :)
The DH gives the double thumbs-up after his ride on (what looks to me, the harrowing!) Flash. Not even if somebody paid me a bundle of money to ride this, not me Sirree!
I wish I knew how to imbed (is that even the right term?) the video of his ride here. But blogger gave me an error. Anybody wanna teach me...? :)
We rode the cable car from the Summit back down to the Waterfront area.
Crab-legs anyone? :)
I loved the Viewing Domes and this part of the Aquarium where I felt like we were actually under the ocean!
At the Aqua City lagoon with the Sky Fair balloon in the background
Trying out a panda-hat after visiting the adorable pandas at their habitat.
We hurried to Victoria's Peak to catch the end of the Symphony Of Lights.
Brrr, it sure was cold up there!
But the view was well worth it!
We also visited the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum while we were at the peak tower.
That's me with my royal relatives, lol!
The DH and I are huge fans of martial arts...and of Donnie Yen. The DH's MMA style complementing Donnie Yen's Wing Chun. :)
Never been a fan of basketball, but I couldn't resist showing how short, er, petite I am beside Yao Ming!! Sheesh, I come up only to his ribcage?!
We grabbed a really late dinner when we got back to Mongkok from the Peak. The perfect end to my birthday! I'd initially planned on spending it at Disneyland( happiest place on earth and all that jazz)...but it turned out great that we spent it at Ocean Park instead. I am Pisces after all...it seemed appropriate that I spent my special day among my kindred spirits, right?
Our last day was spent at Disneyland, yay!
Shh, don't tell anyone, but the DH is a fan of Tink,hehe! But the lines to meet her were long, so this was the best we could muster. :)
Who doesn't love Dumbo? He reminds me of our long-eared pups at home, sigh, I miss my babies. Ok enough, happy thoughts now...!
Waiting to go into Mickey's Philharmagic...loved this show, it's not just 3-D, its 4-D!
Space Mountain was a great ride too...that was sooo fun!
Lunch at the Festival of Foods where we have regional chinese food. :)
The DH racked up lots of points on this interactive ride. Now that I know how it works, I'll definitely do better. I need to redeem myself, my practical shooting coach would expect it of me, lol!
The DH found more toys for his collection...!
The DH during the Parade of Stars. This was one of the highlights of being at Disneyland, not to be missed.
In front of Cinderella's Castle
Thumping around at Adventureland before visiting Tarzan's Island
At the Legend of the Lion King
Illumination of Tinkerbelle's Castle
At Main Street USA
Waiting for the DisneyResort train back to Tung Chung and Mongkok
Inside the Disney train
We just had enough time to do some last-minute souvenir shopping and to pick up our bags and head to the airport. We took the Airport Express for the experience and so we were at the airport in no time. :)
Waiting to get checked in.
We had enough time before boarding to stretch out and rest our poor feet. :)
The DH may have been fake-sleeping in this photo but it closely showed how exhausted we were feeling,lol!
This was the first out-of-the-country trip the DH and I took together and we really had a great time, just the two of us. Sometimes it's also nice to be with the whole clan on vacation but being by ourselves let us be spontaneous, flexible and not be slaves to time and schedules. :)
And this was what met us when we got home. Our darling Teena. Isn't she adorable?!! You don't have to answer that. I'm a biased fur-mama!
So to answer Julia, I've been here all this time, just a little busy (and I admit, a tad lazy!!)to post,LOL! And thank you for saying hello and inspiring me to post. I'm hoping to share the other trips the DH and I took as well as the scrap pages I've managed to make in the past weeks.
It's been a long post but that was fun sharing with you guys. I've sure missed you!
Goodnight dearies...hope to talk to you again soon. :) Hugs!
















































3 comments:
Wow, that is a lot of fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing them, and for leaving so much love at my blog
Sus
what a FUN blog post - talk about a lot of fun photos! Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! :)
Hi Jill, we sure enjoyed the trip! Thanks for dropping by. :)
Post a Comment