Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Break


Happy Easter Everyone! At our end of the world, Easter Sunday has come and fast on it's way out...and tomorrow is another work-day. 

But I am so happy to have had a wonderfully long weekend to just hang out at home and work on my LR conversion (yup, I'm still at it!). This year, we didn't make any plans for an out-of-town trip or even a stay-cation at a nearby resort. So the DH and I spent gloriously lazy, hazy days at home. We slept late, sitting beside each other on our PC's...and sleeping in the next day. Well, I didn't get much of the latter, I had to get up each morning at 7.30 to feed "our girls": Muttilda and her 3months-old pups, (Muttu-)Teena and Muttette. I did want to sleep after the girl's breakfast, but I kept getting LR stuff floating in my head...and I'd have to head to the laptop to work, while the DH snoozed away. I'd make brunch while waiting for Bridge to do its work, and the aromas of food would draw the DH out of our bedroom, hehe. After brunch, I'd keep working until I get sleepy, and then it was time for my afternoon nap. Mind you, I use the word nap loosely here, coz my naps are usually 3-4-hours-long! [Blame it on my Mama: when we were growing up in Zambia, she'd make us nap after lunch. And despite my protestations pre-nap, I'd sleep the whole afternoon away, just waking up when my Papa came home from the Mine by 4pm. I took it upon myself to present him with his slippers and hand him a mug of cold beer when he came home. Since then, I need to have really long naps to catch up on any sleep lost. I guess the phrase "power-nap" never meant anything to me, lol! On the occasions when I'm forced to cut my naps short (30-mins-1 hour), I have to suffer a headache the rest of the day. Often times, I'd forgo the nap if it's just not enough.]

Anyhow, after my "nap", I'd spend time in the dog-run training and playing with the pups. I always remember to wear my "destined for the laundry" clothes since I know I'll be cuddling and hugging the oft-dusty girls! And I get 3 dozen kinds of kisses and licks from the girls while I'm there...and I wouldn't have it any other way! The time spent hugging each of the pups is my Zen-time. Call me crazy, but I always feel at peace with the world and happy with my lot in life when both my arms are cradling a furry bundle, and I have 2 paws slung over each shoulder, a warm smooth puppy belly pressed against mine,  a cold nose in my neck and a wet tongue swiping at all the bare patches of skin within reach! Ahh, it's bliss for me! Of course, Mama says the pups are hugely responsible for the larger batches of laundry that we have, lol!

Most of the  malls shorten their store hours during Holy Week, but close during Good Friday, when all of the locals head to the churches for prayers and religious processions. We're never been practicing Catholics so we don't join the hordes, and prefer to stay home. Plus it's unfailingly, exhaustingly hot during Holy Week here, so we don't stray too far from our electric fans and the AC. :)

We remembered to get food and groceries before the Holy Week, so we enjoyed cooking our own meals. The DH totally enjoys the "domestic life" as he calls it. He loves doing chores around the house when we're together at home. Never been the helpless male, he takes over the cooking duties when I'm too pooped...or have a headache from an interrupted nap,lol! Or he does the dishes (even if it takes him longer and he uses up double the water I'd have used!) when I've done the cooking. We're a good team, the DH and I. If I feed the dogs that night, he's the one who collects their dishes after they're done, and lets Tilda loose (since she has to be chained at mealtimes so the others can feed in peace). Don't mind my mush, I'm just glad he's my mate.

The DH also got us DVD's to watch over the holidays. We watched Jason Statham in "The Mechanic", which is one kick-ass movie (as most of his are, have you noticed?). I love the guy, hot bod and British accent and all, lol! The movie has its (to me) gory parts, which had me chiding the DH for not warning me! [He likes to pre-scan the movies we watch, and issues warnings of bloody and cringe-inducing scenes to spare me, his non-horror-movie-watching-wife!] One of the ironies of our relationship: he's the ultimate horror-movie-buff and I'm the biggest scaredy-cat around! I swear, I was traumatized by "The Shining", "the Omen" and the "Friday the 13th" movies I saw in my childhood, ackkk! On a happier note, we also watched "Tangled"!!  We love cartoons...stress-free watching, with beautiful music, wide-eyed heroines, accidental heroes...and tear-jerker scenes too. Yeah, I choked up at the ending, when Rapunzel finally got reunited with her parents, I silently allowed tears to slide down my cheeks...as the DH discretely teared up too, LOL! We're saps, the both of us, haha!

We also had a couple of dinners with my parents-in-law, my BIL, SIL and niece. Actually we were supposed to have dinner with them this evening, but I didn't feel like leaving the house with nobody home. Mama had gone out with her friend, Tita Edith, and we didn't know when to expect them back. Besides, it was raining, and I didn't feel like bothering with umbrellas and wet feet. But the major reason I didn't want to eat out was because the DH had cooked the Chicken-Pork adobo and Pork tapa I had marinated the night before...and the aromas were oh so inviting! So we begged off and I've been here since after dinner working through my folders and converting whatever I can before importing everything into LR. I'm done converting most of the designer stuff, and now weeding out the templates I don't see myself using. Now, if only I can just stop downloading more freebies....sigh, but I know I can't. Hi, I'm Ava, I'm a freebie-holic, LOL! but I'm so happy to see the tiniest sliver of light at the end of the tunnel. Just the first tunnel, really. I know I'll have another long tunnel (of keywording and tagging) after this. But I really want to stay committed to this re-organization. And the day when I'm finally organized, I'm going to celebrate with some Jose Cuervo Classico! Woohoo!

So I just wanted to let you know I've been really thankful not only for the graces, sacrifices and salvation our Good Lord has so selflessly done for us all, His Children, but also for the restful, rejuvenating respite the DH and I were able to enjoy. Amen.

I should be helping the DH prepare his uniforms for tomorrow, but knowing him, he'd have done all that while I've been blogging. :)

So goodnight, my dears. Hope your Easter Weekends were as satisfyingly restful as ours...if they weren't, hope you had hoppin' fun anyhow! A bientot!

No comments: