For us in the digi-scrapping universe, it's a huge day: it's National Scrapbooking Day(s)! I've learned this "special" day was first born in the United States, but because there are now designers and scrappers (traditional/paper, digital and hybrid) in all nooks and crannies of this earth...(yes, even in tiny, sleepy Bacolod, yay!), it has gone InterNational in a major way! iNSD's are crazy, frenzied orgies of bargain-hunting, shopping, chatting, scrapping, blog-hopping, downloading, site-crashing! For a non-shopper like me (who hasn't the budget for it...um, hello?we're talking dollars and euros here...stuff the DH and I are trying to squirrel away, not spend,lol!), i don't have to contend with the horrific traffic and download glitches of shopping. Fine, you caught me sour-graping. LOL! Instead, I go through the blogs I've been following and the favorite sites I visit and ogle at the freebies they're sharing! In fact, just wading through the numerous e-newsletters that flood my mailbox on iNSD are already enough leads. And almost everybody out there has a freebie to share, whether add-ons, minikits, QP's, clusters...and the nicer store puts out huge collabs (thank you MScraps for yours) and offer blogtrains among their designers(like DHD), at the end of which you also end up with a coordinating kit for many hours of scrappin' time. Some of the designers and stores even offer their goodies ahead of the iNSD and beyond, so I've been collecting since Friday...and expect to keep at it till Sunday,hehe. I love days like these. :) But I promise, the next time iNSD comes along, I'm going to be sharing QP's and clusters or something from the lovely kits I've been collecting and winning from the awesome designers...just as soon as I figure out how to zip files and upload them to a file-sharing site. I already have an account at Window's Live SkyDrive...I just need to learn how to better use it.
The great thing about organizing my stash really is getting reacquainted with all the great stuff in my EHDs! This past few days, I've been wanting, itching to scrap, if only a page or two, just to take a little break from the endless organizing in LR. And this morning, I decided to do just that. I wanted to put up a greeting on Facebook for all the mothers in my life...and so I whipped up a quick layout using Soval Designs' Eros kit, that was full of red and pink cuties, just perfect for a Mother's Day page. So, in honor of all the wonderful mothers the world over, I wish you more years of life, love and happiness from your precious families, I salute your tireless and selfless devotion to your loved ones...you are and will forever be loved and treasured! Happy Mother's Day to you ladies, you are all inspirations. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment