Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LR Roadblock


Drat. I've hit a roadblock in my Lightroom trip. My catalog is barely a fortnight-old and now it tells me it's gotten corrupted and cannot be backed up. Crap. I tried using the back-up from the folder in the catalog, but that let me work for just another 2 days before it gave me errors as well. Worse, the files (collabs,at that, *groan*) that I've painstakingly keyworded and tagged have disappeared from Lightroom and when I tried to re-import them, LR wouldn't let me. Bugger.

Sigh. I'm normally not as affected, but the long back-breaking hours at the computer this week adding keywords are now all for naught?! I should have added the subfolders under the designer/store folders while I was finalizing my keyword list. So that if I need to make a new catalog, I'l just need to import my keyword list and just tag as they get imported into LR. I suspected something was up with LR when the optimizing and  back-up process took much longer than previously. 

I even emailed Kayla about my predicament...I hope she'll have advice for me before I decide to totally throw out my LR catalogs (both the corrupted and the back-up lrcats) and start afresh. Coz now, the back-up catalog is giving me messages saying "missing photos" and the stuff I've tagged coming up not having their keywords anymore?! WTF, right?! I dunno how and where I messed up my LR...but I did. I've tried using my CCleaner to maybe speed-up my crawling LR, but it hasn't worked. After I post this, I'll let my malware and antivirus programs loose and maybe they'll hunt down the viruses and bugs that's slowing my poor laptop down. In the meantime, I'm just going to work on my keyword list outside of LR and start reassembling my dismantled folder structure back...and ultimately re-importing everything back into LR. Ugh, I am not excited for that, I'm telling ya...but I'm still committed to the whole enterprise and will keep at this even if it's the last organizing I do on my computer forever...and ever. Amen. Hehe. 

It doesn't help that I've spent the whole weekend house-bound, sniffling, sneezing and tearing up with flu too. Between picking at my food, guzzling down hot tea with honey and fruit juice by the liters, I've valiantly tried to keep up with my keywording chores. And now, I may have to strain my back some more in the weeks ahead. Nothing I can do about that, but trudge on. But the good thing is, after taking the day off from work, I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday...and maybe well enough to see patients in the morning without infected them myself, LOL! We'll see how I wake up in the morning. But it's past midnight now, and I seriously need another shower (the 4th today) before heading to bed. So that's all from me tonight. Goodnightie, a bientot!

2 comments:

Scrappycath said...

Ugh. Sounds like you've had a time of it. I do hope that you are feeling better soon. And that you can figure out the dratted Light Room issues!

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Cathy! Yeah, I'm finally feeling much better (after a week!)...and I've just decided to re-do my LR catalog. Thankfully, my keywords didn't go AWOL after all, so I can carry on. :) thanks for dropping by. :)