Yay, I've been another lucky recipient of Lilas' gorgeous kit, and I cannot resist playing with it as soon as I got it downloaded. I love scrapping with Lilas' kits, the pages just create themselves, it seems. She's one of the designers I would love to CT for (if I was brave enough to sign up, that is!). But for now, I'm happy to join her RAKs and get her mini freebies.
Beret Sweet
Credits:
"Lovely Pink" kit by Lilas DigiScrap RAK (I love that girl's kits, just sayin'!)
Template by Eudora Designs_Summer Love Freebie2
Journaling:
I've been totally obsessed with crochet for the past few months. and I've been churning out berets, beanies and bonnets since. Living in a tropical country, I was initially making them for friends and relatives living in colder climes, but with the recent monsoon, I've been using them myself! And making them for friends here. This berry beret was a special present for our schoolmate Mancy. I loved that she loved it!
-----------
Dearest Julia, I know I've been a really bad blogger, lol! So many things have happened these past weeks. Our fur-daughter gave us puppies again...all 10 (yes, t-e-n!) of them. So most days, I preferred to hang out in their dog pen, initially just watching them sleep and nurse, and more recently laughing at their waddling walk and wrestling matches. Sigh,they're the perfect stress-busters, those little fur-balls! I should be scrapping a page of them soon, now that I've gotten their photos uploaded and sorted out. :)
But mostly, I've had yarn and hooks on my brain lately! It all started with a crochet magazine I got from a 2nd-hand bookstore. At first I got it for my Mama who is a wild-crocheter herself. But I saw a really cute beret pattern and couldn't resist making it myself. I just trusted that the pattern was rated "easy" and the magazine had tutorials at the back...and it turned out fine! And that was when I got totally hooked, no pun intended! I've since made "lots & lots" (in my nephew's Brit accent,lol). I had planned to get one of my DH's nieces model the hats I've made but we're equally busy, so until then, you'll just have to take my word for it,hehe. :) I even ordered these cute bamboo hooks from ebay after I'd hunted high and low for different sized hooks locally. Now, every time we're at the stores, you'd find me where the yarns are, stocking up!
I would love to stay and chat so more, but I've to go give the pups their first parvo shots. And with the DH down with a humongous headache from this afternoon's heat, I've asked my brother Ian to help me corral the pups. But I hope to check in again soon. Until then, this is goodnight for me...love y'all! :)

3 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway on my blog! My Simple & Sweet Templates! So if you could send me an email at liz *at* scrappingwithliz *dot* com I'll get you your coupon codes. I thought this would be the easiest way to contact you.
Hey! You are the winner from my giveaway I posted on Monday! You just won my Simple & Sweet Album Templates. Could you email me at liz*at*scrappingwithliz*dot*com so I can send you the coupon code? I thought this would be the easiest way to contact you.
Thank you so much Liz, I already sent you an email! Hugs! :)
Post a Comment