Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ado about Judo: Day 1

Hello there! I haven't blogged in ages, I know. I've certainly missed y'all. But the DH and I took a trip to Iloilo for a judo competition last weekend...and I haven't had the chance to blog because of our schedule. And then when we got back, I had to upload our photos from the competition to Facebook for the other guys to see.  I've finally gotten around to uploading the day 1 photos...so here goes...


We all met up at the pier really early for the first boat trip to Iloilo for the judo competition.
Dawn was just breaking in the east.


The DH had to lug two bags: one for our clothes and stuff...and the other for his judo gi's (he had to bring 2 pairs on the off-chance one got ripped during the competition)


The DH signing that he's pretty much prepared to get "slashed" on the mat... :)


Front row: Marjun, Sensei Henried, Marcus, the DH
Back row: Johnreb, Ace, Mac2, Anjo


The organizers had a jeepney pick up the group at the Iloilo port




We also had to pick up the team from Cebu who were at another port...so while waiting for them, we amused ourselves by taking photos of one another.


We were then taken to the Iloilo Sports Complex covered court where we were hoping the guys could get weighed in before they had breakfasted. But weigh-in had been scheduled later in the day. So, we asked to be brought to our hotel so we could check our bags in.

And grab some breakfast at a nearby McDonald's. The DH has been victimized by the chancy water supply of Iloilo in the past...and he was leery of risking his tummy at one of those street eateries. I, on the other hand, having grown up in Africa, have a cast-iron belly...and can drink anything and not feel a twinge!LOL!




The DH and I went with S. Henried back to the covered court for the trainors/referees orientation.


The PJF (Philippine Judo Federation) officials who conducted the orientation.


The guys listening attentively to the rules of the competition.


 Sensei Henried got a certificate for completing the referee training.
And so did the DH for attending.


Left-Right: Anjo, Ace, Marcus, Mac2 (bottom), Marjun and the DH


Sensei Henried, the DH and Sensei Jensen of the Philippine Team and an official, but who was a former dojo-mate of Sensei Henried.

We headed out to SM Iloilo after the briefing to have lunch at the food court.


The DH and I watched over some seats while the other guys got their food.
 Me and my okabashi's taking a respite from the walking.



The DH amusing himself and me with his "village-idiot" look!


After lunch, we headed down to the grocery to stock up on liquids and snacks.


Must have been the first time that this check-out lady saw a crazy woman photographing her husband paying for groceries, hehe!


Ace enjoying an ice cream cone for dessert.


Back at our hotel, the DH giving me his best model look, ROFL!


While I was resting in our room, the DH came back to borrow the camera to take this funny photo of Marcus all shrouded in sleep. Marjun gamely posed as if mourning a deceased comrade!!
Funny boys!

I stayed at the hotel while the guys had to go back for the weigh-in. I amused myself by playing with a kit that Strawberries Designs had raffled off. Sweet! The weigh-in was supposed to be from 5.30 - 7.30pm...but predictably ran late. So I just met up with them at the mall for dinner.


This is the DH and I at Kenny Roger's before we attacked our dinner.

We all headed back to the hotel so the guys could rest. I got so caught up with my scrapping, I stayed up till midnight...and then I, too, conked out.


More stories tom...

No comments: