Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hong Kong Disneyland on my mind

Yup, the DH and I are finally booked for HK, yay!  Even if it's still for next year yet...in February to be exact, for my birthday.

I was hanging out, bouncing around on the web the other night when I opened the link to Cebu Pacific and saw the seat sale notice blinking back at me. I just thought to check if they still had available seats for around my birthday...and they did! So, with the DH's green-light, I booked us our tickets. And sent off messages to our friends who were also planning on taking the same trip. Maybe they, too, will be able to join us...coz it's always more fun to be with friends on a trip! Especially with the crazy friends we have, hehe!

Then I sent an FB message to my cousin Cynthia (or Chang to family) who works in HK, and we had an excited chat about what we would be doing then: mostly eating, as you can guess! She's also promised to look for affordable lodging for the DH and I. She has a friend who has a house in Central that's near to the metro and bus lines, so getting around should be easy-peasy. Hopefully, that will work out fine, but otherwise, we've still more than enough time to hunt around.

Chang kindly offered to play tour-guide while we were there, so it should be a new experience hanging out with her. Growing up in Zambia, like we did, we didn't get to spend a lot of time with our cousins. We would maybe see them for only a few weeks every couple of years. And when we came back to the Phils for good, we were all busy with school, and our family wasn't famous for get-togethers or reunions. So, you can imagine how novel this trip will be for Chang and I, to hang out with one another.

So after chatting with Chang, I pored over the Disneyland HK site...looking at all the goodies that will be waiting for us when we get there. I'm already praying for good weather, so we can enjoy everything that the park has to offer. 


The DH loves Dumbo...so this has got to be a stop for us.
You remember that scene in the movie where Dumbo was being cradled in his Mama's trunk through the bars of her cage? It never fails to make me tear up...and yeah, my DH? the toughest-looking sap in the world? he tears up faster than even me! lol!


Twirling in teacups seems like fun, hehe!


Confession: I've never been on a roller-coaster (yeah, had a sheltered childhood, lol!)...so I'm already shivering in delicious anticipation of being on one with my DH. Poor guy, he will be suffering from tinnitus for weeks after my screaming and shrieking, I just know it! 


I should really watch all the Toy Story movies before the trip, so I recognize the characters/villains I'll be shooting lasers at on this ride, lol!


I wanna ride this too...I'm an African kid, after all!


This has got to be my first stop...I need to get my map fix first!


I can't wait to take all the photos of the train to show to my nephew Ben, he loves trains...and cars...and trucks...all moving machines, really!


The DH is an awesome artist, he will surely knock the socks off of Mickey and Minnie here! I would love to learn to draw here too.


I want to see this show! I love Donald Duck and he's apparently "hosting" this...so wouldn't want to miss it!
At the very least, this will be a welcome time to rest our poor aching feet. :)

I dunno why the pages of the Disney parade and the fireworks wouldn't load...so I grabbed the photos of some of the characters we may bump into 


 



And oh, I'm really glad I saved the QP's and Sign Here autograph book that was part of a bloghop hosted by Kellybell and her awesome girls! I should remember to print out the autograph book before we leave so I'll have it on hand when we hit the park. Thank you Kellybell and Co. for the cool idea!

I know the day spent at Disney will be an exhausting one...but I still wouldn't want to miss it!


And this is just Disneyland. We also want to see Ocean Park..so you can expect more stories and screenshots in a next post, haha!


BTW, I made a new signature too, following the tutorial from Amanda of KevinandAmanda.com ...but I saw that it has a white background instead of being transparent...so I will have to redo that.

It's around midnight now, so I'm calling it a night.
A bientot, mes amis!


No comments: