Last weekend was the International Digital Scrapbooking Day(days really because of the time differences and all)...and I had a blast! In the previous week or so, almost every site, designer and scrapper were hinting heavily about the upcoming iDSD, so nice to know that digi-land has such a day! How awesome is that? I swear my inbox and blogger dashboard was bursting at the seams with all the announcements for sales and blog trains and freebies!!
Friday night: I was already busy surfing...until past midnight I might add!
The DH had judo Saturday morning, so he was up and about while I was still firmly em-bedded! Get it,in-bed-ded? Hehe! I still wanted to lounge and enjoy my Saturday sleep in but the DH texted about this guy who was buying one of our billiard tables. It turns out he wanted to try playing first before he made his choice between the two tables that were assembled in our front building. So, I had to peel myself off my yummy, cushy bed, groooaaan. While I waited for him, I fired up my laptop and started surfing...yeah surfing baby! Then after he left, I was back to my down-loading...and I soon got my groove, where I stayed in the rest of the day. I just stopped to make dinner :)
Seeing all the goodies for the taking, I was just so inspired to scrap!!
Credits: Papers, eyelet, frame from "Sweet Happiness" kit from Emmaloscra ps
This 1st page was of my nephew Ben's silhouette, which I painstakingly extracted from a photo taken while he was intently watching Sponge Bob on TV. See, telly is good for something! It was easy enough to extract the neck and face parts...but the hair really threw me. At first i thought using a thin enough brush to mask in the hair strands would work. But it was horrible. In the end, I had to use the pen tool to trace around the hair sticking up! Boy, am I happy I took the time to learn about using this tool when I was first devouring Ps tutorials online. Anyhow, I didn't get ALL the tiny wisps, but enough so that it looked more like his head.
When we chatted with Ben and Aimee late Saturday night (actually early Sunday am, but afternoon Saturday for them)...he quipped, "That's my shadow!" after Aimee showed it to him from my facebook album. Shadow. Silhouette. Same thing to Ben,lol!
Credits: papers from A Little Dreamer Designs_JHE "Breathe Nature";
frame from SirScrapALot "Dinner@8" kit;
bow from DoudousDesigns "Our Wedding Day" kit
photo corners from Correen Silke "Girls Night Out"
frame from SirScrapALot "Dinner@8" kit;
bow from DoudousDesigns "Our Wedding Day" kit
photo corners from Correen Silke "Girls Night Out"
Going along with my silhouette theme, I extracted another from a photo of Mama. I had trouble using the pen for the overlapping and curving strands on top of Mama's hair, so I didn't bother with it. It still looked like her, in spite of the "helmet-y" feel, hehe.
Credits: From Escale Naturelle Collab from Publiscrap :
Papers from Dady; Mask from Clarascrap s; WA from Faby; Buttons from Guillane and Zizazzi
Papers from Dady; Mask from Clarascrap
Publiscrap always has the most gi-normous collabs around! And each collaborator/designer creates biggish mini-kits, so I usually end up with a huge collection after hitting all the blog hop stops. I love all my Publiscrap collabs...I really want to scrap more with them.
I was looking through my scanned folder and I found a photo of us which I had scanned from my MIL's album when I was working on her birthday album last year. This was taken a month or so after our first year anniversary, at a dinner for my in-law's. I distinctly remember because their anniversary is June 4, and I had brought a bouquet for LBI. The DH and I looked sooo fresh-faced here I just had to scrap it.
Credits: from the DHD (design house digital) fall digi blog hop:
Karen Funk: stamp frame and papers;
Deena Rutter: tag WA, zigzag and scallop strips;
Jen Allyson: swirl and hanger with ribbon
This was also a scanned photo from LBI's albums, of the time we were on holiday in the Hinobaan, a town at the southern-most part of Negros Occidental. We were there with LBI, Tita Ning, the AZATRI's, Anoy Bill and Mitch, his girlfriend at the time. :)
This was just 2 months after Papa's death, and Jem and I were missing him dreadfully at the time. We ate a lot of seafood there: oysters, lobsters and deep-sea fish...food that reminded us of him. I was sad that he wasn't there to enjoy all that with us, sigh.:(
Then again maybe, he was...! :)
Have you noticed how journal-free my recent pages have been? This is me going for the minimalist look. :) In my quest for more white space, I'm afraid journalling has been sacrificed. I guess I just have to keep an eye out for LO's that offer both! Good thing I'm putting the pages up on a blog, so I can still add the journalling here. :)
Sunday morning started super early for me since Tilda needed to be let off her leash. I checked in on my downloads and found that most had gotten interrupted and had timed out. So I was soon busy backtracking to re-download. Between sites, I made brunch for us.
The laptop had a brief rest while we had QT and a nap.
We needed to get some groceries so the DH and I had to nip out to the mall. I was also able to swap a book for a new one at Booksale. The book i had gotten the last time we were there had about 30 pages that was mis-printed! So I've a new book in my bag, yay! We hurried home right after so we could catch an episode of "No Ordinary Family". It's a new sitcom being aired on local TV...and we love it. I really hope it comes out in dvd soon, since we're liable to miss it when we have dinner out since it's on at 7.30, :)
We spent a couple more hours playing on our computers before we finally had to prepare for the week ahead and get into bed.
I had so much fun during this weekend because it really jump-started my creative urges! Aside from my completed pages, I still have a couple more in my work-in-progress folder.
In fact, seeing all the freebies I had collected gave me ideas for Christmas gifts. :) I'm thinking photo books here...we'll see how it turns out. :)
So, in behalf of all the digi-scrappers all over the world, a gigantic thank you to the organizers and participants of the iDSD! Hopefully, the next time iDSD rolls around, I'll be able to share my own freebies then, yay! :)
A bientot mes amis! :)
Karen Funk: stamp frame and papers;
Deena Rutter: tag WA, zigzag and scallop strips;
Jen Allyson: swirl and hanger with ribbon
This was also a scanned photo from LBI's albums, of the time we were on holiday in the Hinobaan, a town at the southern-most part of Negros Occidental. We were there with LBI, Tita Ning, the AZATRI's, Anoy Bill and Mitch, his girlfriend at the time. :)
This was just 2 months after Papa's death, and Jem and I were missing him dreadfully at the time. We ate a lot of seafood there: oysters, lobsters and deep-sea fish...food that reminded us of him. I was sad that he wasn't there to enjoy all that with us, sigh.:(
Then again maybe, he was...! :)
Have you noticed how journal-free my recent pages have been? This is me going for the minimalist look. :) In my quest for more white space, I'm afraid journalling has been sacrificed. I guess I just have to keep an eye out for LO's that offer both! Good thing I'm putting the pages up on a blog, so I can still add the journalling here. :)
Sunday morning started super early for me since Tilda needed to be let off her leash. I checked in on my downloads and found that most had gotten interrupted and had timed out. So I was soon busy backtracking to re-download. Between sites, I made brunch for us.
The laptop had a brief rest while we had QT and a nap.
We needed to get some groceries so the DH and I had to nip out to the mall. I was also able to swap a book for a new one at Booksale. The book i had gotten the last time we were there had about 30 pages that was mis-printed! So I've a new book in my bag, yay! We hurried home right after so we could catch an episode of "No Ordinary Family". It's a new sitcom being aired on local TV...and we love it. I really hope it comes out in dvd soon, since we're liable to miss it when we have dinner out since it's on at 7.30, :)
We spent a couple more hours playing on our computers before we finally had to prepare for the week ahead and get into bed.
I had so much fun during this weekend because it really jump-started my creative urges! Aside from my completed pages, I still have a couple more in my work-in-progress folder.
In fact, seeing all the freebies I had collected gave me ideas for Christmas gifts. :) I'm thinking photo books here...we'll see how it turns out. :)
So, in behalf of all the digi-scrappers all over the world, a gigantic thank you to the organizers and participants of the iDSD! Hopefully, the next time iDSD rolls around, I'll be able to share my own freebies then, yay! :)
A bientot mes amis! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment