Saturday, June 4, 2011

Meet Mutt Hughes

So far, I've tagged my supplies in Lightroom as to designer and kit, keyworded the items according to type: Preview, Element, Paper, Template, QP. And I've even gone through my Preview folder, and keyworded each one according to theme (if applicable) and color. However, I got totally overwhelmed when I got to the Elements folder, and took a quick break to scrap. And this was what I came up with...

Just before the DH and I went to Manila for Jem's "pre-competition-chill-out-trip", we met up one afternoon at 20th St (my in-law's place). Of course, we had to spend time with "Mutt Hughes" (named after the MMA-star Matt Hughes,hehe), the pup we gave to TVI, my FIL. He's the eldest and biggest of Tilda's 6 pups. The DH was happy that Mutt Hughes ended at 20th since we could visit him often. In fact, since the DH drops by 20th before his judo classes twice a week, he regularly pets and plays with Mutt Hughes. :) But I infrequently get the chance to do the same and so I was so happy to spend time with him...and to have the photos to scrap too! My DH, bless his soul, is impatient with cameras and is rarely willing to take it up. Consequently, I take a huge majority of our photos...and rarely in them, sigh. But this time, when he arrived to find Mutt Hughes and I cuddling, he was the one who thought photos were in order! Since I always have my point&shoot in my bag, it was easy enough to do, bonus!

Credits: Everyday Blessings kit by Ellie Lash (Daily Dowload from GingerScraps)
Template by SuzyQ (inspired by Keisha)

Journalling: A visit to 20th St. is never complete without saying hello to you, sweet boy. I really missed holding you and since you are so big and heavy, I cuddled you on my lap in Bacion's office. Jem came home from work and took photos of us. You were equally glad to see me and had such big kisses for me. Love you Mutt Hughes!

 ----------

On a different note, I made my very first ebay purchase today! Yeah, I've been living under a rock,lol! For the longest time, I've been hesitant to get a credit card since I absolutely hate owing anybody money... and because I know I have an impulsive personality!! And  since we live in a rural setting, it's been easy enough to live on cash alone. But I always knew I'd have to start building my credit history sooner. I finally took the leap with a local bank, and I've had my card and it's virtual counterpart (for online purchases) for the past few weeks. So now, I'm slowly and cautiously building up my credit, buying little things, so I can ask for a bigger credit limit as soon as possible. :) And speaking of little things, can you guess what my 1st purchase was? Bet you can't. :) It was a 12-pc set of crochet hooks made from bamboo, hehe!
I can't wait to get them and finally get to do some of the projects I've been eyeing. :) I really should take photos of the stuff I've made and show em to you... (humor me, just pretend you're a little interested, ok?lol!)

That's all from me folks, goodnightie!

No comments: