Ricky, Jem, Joben
Meet my DH and 2 of his 3 brothers. My DH is the one in the middle, on the left is their 2nd brother Anoy Ricky, and on the right is Joben who is the baby of the family.
Last week, Anoy Ricky went to Manila, reportedly for a business trip (He and his wife Arlene, run a Tshirt and Souvenir business)...but we all knew it was for the Annual Toy Convention there! LOL!
Anoy Ricky is an avid collector of models (airplanes, military stuff, dragons, action figures), and the DH is just as avid (budget permitting,lol!). We've had a custom toy cabinet made in our room, but it's reached its capacity and we may need to call in Arnel to make a second one. :)
So, when Anoy Ricky went to the ToyCon, he went with Joben, who's an architect based in Manila. They made a couple of phone-calls to the DH asking if he already had this or that action figure in his collection. And I just had to make a bid for WonderWoman. Honestly, I was never a fan of dolls, even in my childhood (I was a nerd, I loved books the best)...but I wanted to get a smallish action figure that I could take on trips. I would love an uncomplaining model for scenery shots when we travel. And the gorgeous WonderWoman is as good as any model I say.
And yay, Joben got me a 6" action figure. Since it's a loose item (not in it's original packing), it's missing its golden lariat. But no worries there, a tiny loop of gold twine or thread will work just as well.
Isn't she just beautiful?
And man, look at those striations on her thighs! How firm and toned are those glutes, huh?
So, long story short, I've been inspired to get back on the exercise wagon. It's been AGES since I sweated and huffed in the gym, so it's freakin' about time, huh?
And the sad thing about it all? My computer is just a door and a step away from my DH/Personal Trainer's fully equipped martial arts gym!
My jeans and shirts have gotten painful to wear...and I've even gotten bigger sized clothes in recent weeks,sigh. But I'm not happy with it. My DH has even planned a program for me to follow along the lines of Maximum Impact in Minimum Time. He knows I get bored working out, especially by myself, hehe.
I had the DH take a "Before" photo of me when we started on Day1. Hopefully there will be an "After" in the future too. And I plan to keep an exercise log if not here, then maybe on my FB (in an un-published note). So if you don't hear any updates here about my "progress", PLEASE bug me, wilya? I've started so many times in the past, but when the pain from my unaccustomed muscles set in, I chicken out. This from a girl who, 10 years ago, would spent her Saturday AND Sunday afternoons at our old MMA gym! I cannot believe I've gotten to be such a wuss. :(
In fact, I'm doing it again, lol! I'm blogging when I should be bagging. So as soon as I hit the "publish post" button, I'm going to the gym, promise!
Bye for now. Wish me luck. :)))






4 comments:
Oh, pretty:) Thank you!
I just started my weight loss regiment two weeks ago. I think the first two week are the hardest! Much luck to you.
Also, I wanted to thank you for your heart felt comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me.
I wish I can start exercising. Since I got hooked on digiscrapping, i forgot the meaning of exercise. haha. Good luck !!
Thank you too for the sweet comment you left in my blog. I am really happy that you like my template. Comments inspire me to do more haha. HUGS!!btw, great blog you have, i wish i have the time and talent to write more. God bless!
Thank YOU Edna...you just made a sad day(my pups got admitted to the hosp) happy! I totally agree that's it's tough to exercise. Only a door separates my computer table from the DH's gym,but it seems soooo hard to leave my digi-scrappin' and work out,lol! Hugs!
Post a Comment