Friday, June 10, 2011

Novaczka's "Orange Tea" kit RAK & QP freebie

Yay! I won Novaczka's Orange Tea kit through a RAK on her blog  a few days ago and I've been inspired to play with it as soon as I got the download links. It's just so bright and sunny, it's practically asking to be scrapped. :)



I had a little trouble getting the coupon code to work (silly me!lol) but i finally got it all downloaded and safely stored in my EHD. AND then, I got some playtime! And this is what I ended up with...


Journaling: Japanese food is not only healthy but oh, so flavorful...so we never miss the chance to indulge when we can.
-Saisaki, Makati
May 17, 2011

I initially started with a template, but I didn't like how it turned out. So I started anew and liked this page more. And then i realized I could turn it into a quickpage that I could share with Agnes (Novaczka) and her followers, as a thank you for the lovely kit that I got.

Here's how the QP turned out:


And then I thought to add the title and journaling layers on top of the QP. 


I saved the 1st QP as a PNG to preserve the transparency, and the layered QP as a TIFF. 

But the problem is, I don't know how to best share it, sigh. I thought I could zip it and send it through email to Agnes, but at about 40mb, it was far too large for sending. I then tried skydrive, but it wouldn't let me upload, argh. Anyway, my best bet would be 4shared. Even as I type this, I'm waiting for it to finish uploading. Wish me luck with this site.
I really want to be able to share some of my own freebies, amateurish as they may be. I've gotten so much from this community, and would like to repay everybody's generosity.  So, please, teach me how to do this? Thank you. :)

I'm meeting the DH to buy a new doorbell...yeah, literally a bell for the door! So even when there are power outtages, we'll still know somebody is at our gate, hehe! The doorbell that my late Papa bought conked out some weeks ago...and it's been Mutt's duty to let us know if somebody is at the gate! It's not normally a problem with strangers since Mutt barks loudly enough, but if he's familiar with whoever is outside, he doesn't bark as much. Just yesterday, my poor cousin Dolly and her mama spent a long time outside calling!!

So, I'm off! A bientot!

-------------------------

UPDATE:
I checked my 4shared account and the files have finally uploaded. I didn't realize they'd turn out to be huge files, lol. Still, if you're interested, here's the link to the QP's.  My internet is crawling right now, so I can't check if it's downloading fine myself. But please leave a comment if you were able to download, would love to read your feedback. :)

2 comments:

7E said...

I think its great! Most qps are big files. If you ever feel like doing a layout with one of my kits I'd be delighted & post it on my blog.

Have you noticed that I'm copying your text placement on my previews? I really like it.

Numb BUMM Sue

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Sue! I'm happy that you liked the preview, and yes, I noticed the "new" look, hehe! :) Really hope to scrap using your lovely kit, will let you know, thanks again! hugs! :)