Sunday, January 15, 2012

Movie Date Night

Last Friday the 13th was a movie date night for the DH & I. I had clinic that morning and had gotten food for Mama's dinner, and possibly for Saturday brunch. After lunch with Mama and Arnel, our handy-man who was putting in extra shelves for the kitchen cabinets, I really did plan to go to coverage (a term we use for the Friday afternoons that the med reps can promote their medicines and products to the doctors at the CHO). Then I decided to open some bills while lounging in bed, and right away I had fallen asleep, hehe. At first I decided to just continue napping, but with Arnel hammering in the kitchen and the dogs barking at the building painters next door, I didn't get to nap at all, sigh. So, i ended up rearranging the contents of the cabinets. I got pretty grimy doing all that, so I had to hurry to get cleaned up and dressed to meet the DH at a mall. Our meeting place there (and at all the malls we frequent actually) would be the 2nd-hand bookstore. The first one who arrives gets the chance to browse through the new offerings while waiting for the other. The DH and I are book-lovers so we never mind the time spent there. We had a few minutes to get our food before heading to the cinema and we got our stash from the nearby KFC joint. California maki twister and snack box for me and a zinger for the DH, which we promptly demolished as soon as we found our seats,lol. As well as the "Boy Bawang" spicy corn bits and the strawberry chocolate bar I had in my bag! And that was dinner for us,hehe!

We both enjoyed the rapid-fire dialogue and the slow-mo action scenes made for interesting visuals. Fun movie, that was. And loved the quality time with the DH, as always.

6 comments:

Julia said...

date night is the best! glad to see another couple does it too.

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Julia! Yes, we love date nights too. :)

Amna said...

Heya! I had to inform you that You have been tagged in one of my blog posts called 'ELEVEN'. Kindly visit this link and continue the topic. http://sweetheartdiary11.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-eleven.html

Julia said...

I keeping stopping by to see what you have been up to and its been so long since you posted anything. :) I hope everything is okay and hope to see some updates on your amazing adventures your always up to. Thank you for all your sweet comments at EMI, I always read them even if I cant get back to you for a while.

Julia said...

Question? What happened to your blog?! I loved reading about your adventures.

Well, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comment about my graduation. Your a sweetheart. I was excited to hear from you again.

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hey Julia! I'm back...with a new blog too,haha! I'll be at the http://stillhoneymooning.blogspot.com See you around dear!