Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sharing Blessings


This pink fabric bag is nothing special. It's just one of the many  promotional items that medical representatives hand out to doctors at the clinics or at conferences. But it has become special because it brings a small measure of happiness and goodwill whenever it's used. Each time the DH and I meet up with friends or relatives, we use this bag to carry the homemade goodies I make to share with them. Usually, it totes  recycled styro containers, gladware containers, or tinfoil pouches of the cookies, muffins, breads, desserts that I whip up. More recently, there would be finished crochet hats and accessories to be handed out to dinner companions.Sometimes, even balls of yarn and a small pencil-case where my needles and crochet gear are stored, to make stuff while chatting and laughing with them. I call those sessions my "get your crochet hats while you wait wine and dine"!

When we were in Davao after Christmas, Mama had brought this along on the off-chance that we needed another carry-on bag coming home.So when we met up with all of the DH's uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews at a post-Christmas dinner, this carried all of their gifts too. They loved that I wrapped their presents in thick kraft paper, tied them up with "abaca" twine and had grayscale 2x2 portraits of the recipients as gift-tags. A cute, cheap idea I got from Pinterest really, but such a big hit, the DH's cousin asked permission to copy it the next year,lol!


And whenever we come back from a trip, this bag would hold all the "pasalubong" (souvenirs) that we had collected for various kin and friends. A keychain perhaps for a classmates' collection, or a baseball cap for another collector-cousin. Cute souvenir shirts for our god-daughters and nephews. Craftsy jewelry for our fashionista friends. Coin purses for my clinic staff. And assorted sweets and desserts for everybody!

TLC Creations had this wordart freebie sometime back that said: The best things in life are made with love! And I couldn't agree more.My friend Izzy asks why I just give away the crochet hats and stuff I make, when he says I should be saving them to put up a store! I try to explain that it makes me happy creating things and goodies for my loved ones, and happier still when they are so warmly received. One of the best feelings in the world, I say. Can't you tell I will never make a good business-woman, lol!

So yeah, it's a plain old bag, but it has witnessed many happy smiles and grateful thanks in its day. 
Let's continue to spread the love  and share the blessings guys!
A bientot!
A


No comments: