Last Friday the DH and I went to attend another lecture at Bar 21, a gourmet resto just around the corner from the in-law's.
The food there was just delish! I know I totally gorged! But most of what i ate were salad greens, but i couldn't resist the pasta and the osso bucco too. burp!
After, we walked back to 20th to bid the MIL adieu...since she was going to Manila for her BIL's birthday over the weekend. While we were hanging out there the DH found an old book of his from his boyhood. It had a lot of happy memories attached to it, judging from the smiles the DH was wearing!
Such a happy face on the DH as he flips through the dog-eared book. He says he remembers slipping his thumb to mark his favorite pages, so he can go back to them over and over again!
Showing off the pages with all the construction vehicles that boys go gaga over!
The DH loved elephants when he was small, so this was the pic he liked to linger over!
The DH and niece, Isabelle...or Izzybelle, as her FB name goes nowadays! She just got picked up from her TKD practice and had dropped by to pick up her stuff.
Just before we left, the DH found yet another photo of his beloved elephant!
Maybe I can even scrap a page from these photos too..
We were supposed to pick up our new EHD's from 20th, but Anoy Ricky forgot to bring them. So we decided to go with them to their house so we could pick up the EHD's ourselves.
Here is the DH admiring the new display cabinet that Anoy Ricky had made for some of his toys.
Hmm, the DH's blotting out the cabinet with his bulk, hehe!
An unobstructed view of some of Anoy Ricky's collection of action figures, movie merchandise and military models.
When we got home, I was sorely tempted to install and start uploading my files into it, but it was pretty late and I had a blood letting activity in the morning, so we were in bed early (for a Friday night, that is, hehe)
-----------------------
Saturday, September 18, 2010
I didn't hear my alarm for my 4am dose, so when Tilda woke me up by 6am, I took my meds then. I managed to fall asleep for another 2 hours before I had to shower and wait for my ride.
The medical mission and blood letting project was sponsored by a local bank and there were a lot of patients for the consultation and donors for the blood letting section. We got close to 40 bags of blood from an assortment of donors: bankers, employees, pastors, trisikad drivers. :)
We finished almost 1pm, and we decided to just bring our lunches home. I shared mine with my brother Ian who came home just as i was sitting down to lunch. Oh, and the caterer was our friend Jessie, who is the husband of our classmate, MBJ. The food was predictably tasty...i loved the lumpiang shanghai with the spicy sauce!
The DH had left for his judo practice, so i had the whole afternoon to play with the EHD and start with my file transfer. We got 2 of the 500G WD EHDs, and our plan is to partition both, so I can put my stuff(digi-scrap and photos)into 250G of one EHD and then back it up on the other 250G of the 2nd EHD, while the DH can save his stuff (music and movies) into the other 250G of both EHDs. So if anything happens to 1 EHD, it's easier to re-format it with the contents of the 2nd. At least, that's the gameplan. Although, I also burn my zipped files onto dvd's, just to be on the safe side. Soon as I can figure out my Windows Live SkyDrive account, I want to be able to save the more important files up there too. :)
I've only just realized I've used a whole lot of back-up dvds already!! So, I've a lot of unzipping and filing to do, good luck to me!
I'm also trying out a new filing system for my digi-scrap stuff. As soon as i unzip, i file the kits according to designer name. So I can see whether there are alphas, element or paper packs that should go together. The elements that don't come with either alphas or papers will have to be filed in the ELEMENTS folder.This is turn will need to be sorted into individual categories. Stuff that are offered as parts of a blogtrain will go into the COLLABS/BLOGTRAIN FOLDER so if i scrap with them, they'll still be coordinating!
I'm certain there will be kinks in my organizational system, but I'l need to wing it as they crop up.
I'm trying to be ruthless too in discarding the stuff that I know aren't my style.
So far, it's been slow going, so I definitely won't be scrapping anytime soon *pout*. But when I do start scrapping....boy, watch out, LOL!
I thought the DH and I were going to the mall with the midnight sale last night, but it turns out he wanted QT more than malling! *wink,wink*. :)
Plus, later in the evening, his foot started aching. Then he remembered that one of his team-mates had noticed his foot over-flexing during a sparring session. The adrenaline must have kept the pain at bay, only making itself felt much later in the evening. So we just stayed home, installed the DH on the couch with his foot encased in ice compress...and I kept unzipping files till 1am!
----------------------
I woke up close to 10am for my 2nd morning dose, and just in time to open the gate and let Arnel and his helpers in with all the materials needed to Tilda's run. While they set up outside, I started on brunch, while the DH tried to sleep in despite the racket outside. After brunch, I was back to unzipping and filing, while the DH played, er, worked on his customized action figures. :)
Oh, and we designed another cabinet for Arnel to make while the other guys worked on the run. We did a bit of measuring, not only of the wall the cabinet was to hang on, but also of all the toys that were going on the shelves. Actually, I did the measuring while the DH directed me from the dining room with his foot elevated and loosely bandaged in another ice pack. And Arnel made short work of the cabinet. Will just need to buy a can of white enamel paint for it tomorrow.
I had run out of my meds, so I needed to buy more for my 4pm dose, so the DH and I changed to go to the mall. Mama had gone to her regular mahjong "class" right after lunch, so we just locked up the main door, while Arnel and the guys worked on the patio/garage.
The DH asked me to get some ascorbic acid tabs while I was at the drugstore. Then we spent some time at the bookstore, where I found a small volume about baby-sayings and excerpts...for 10 bucks! At least, I'll have something in my bag to read on my commutes. The DH didn't have any luck at the DVD stores, so we just bought some breads and pastries for tomorrow's breakfast before heading home. I made some soup with chicken breasts and a head of cabbage, and the DH made adobo(or was it asado since he used pineapple juice for it?) with the left-over tuna chunks in the freezer. :)
And now, Ive caught up with this weekend's news. I have a whole DVD-worth of zipped files waiting for me in the other drive, so I won't be staying here for long.
Hope you have a good week ahead...A bientot!










2 comments:
You should definitely scrap these photos they are so cute. you could scan the pages of the book and use the cute elephant as a fun element. Great idea.
Yes Julia, hope to get around to scrapping them, among hundred other pages, lol!
thanks for dropping by too! :)
Post a Comment