Sunday, September 12, 2010

Japanese Date Night

The DH had judo training practically the whole day (he left around 10am, and finished up by 5pm), while i bummed at home, just playing on the internet.

Arnel dropped by to see what needs to be done in the yard, and I gave him some money to buy nails for the fence in the backyard.

I texted the hubby about our plans but he didn't reply, so i decided to go up to 20th where he normally showers after work-out. It turns out his fone had conked out and he was already on his way home to our house. So when he got there, he plugged his fone in and texted. Since I was almost at 20th, i decided to wait for him there. Only, nobody was home and the second gate nearest the house was in darkness! (Although, the 1st gate near the office building had a light going.) I was just about to leave when i noticed a trisikad driver loitering near the dark gate with his fone out. I tried ringing both doorbells but nobody was answering. I even dialed the landline but i could just hear it ring from the inside. I was getting really suspicious about the trisikad driver and texted both the MIL and FIL about it. Thankfully, he left soon after, and i could leave to meet the DH at the Japanese restaurant. The MIL later called to say they were home. 

I walked the 11 blocks to the resto from 20th, to sneak in some exercise into my largely sedentary day...



This kani sarada really whetted my appetite and was the first dish I ordered:  shredded crabstick, egg strips and seaweed over fresh tomatoes, cucumber, sweet red pepper and organic greens, with dressing on the side!
The waiter said it's good for 3 persons...but i could easily demolish this by myself! And the DH loved it enough to say that he could eat it everyday!
It was delicious and guilt-free...just perfect!




This was the resto's new dish, the Ebi Kakiage, which was prawn and mixed vegetable tempura with ginger dipping sauce!



A visit at a Japanese resto is never complete without the California maki, but their version used red rice in lieu of the Japanese rice. The portions were generous, and was sooo good when dunked in Kikkoman soy sauce, "muddied" with a mound of wasabi: YUMMMY!



The DH digging into his ebi and salad




Can you tell that im a huge fan of maki? They called their maki as Masskara maki, as a nod to the famous festival that is held each October in Bacolod.


This was what the DH ordered, the chashu men: a soy-based noodle soup topped with egg, braised pork, wakame (seaweed) and leeks. No doubt about it, the soup was rejuvenating for the DH! And filling for me too!


And the mint tea washed every thing down!

We took a short walk to a nearby kiosk for the DH to grab a beer, then we took a longer walk through the capitol lagoon to my bank before heading home.

We were supposed to watch Twilight 3 but we got caught up with internet again. I'm not a Twilight fan in the first place(except maybe for Alice. And I'd pick Jacob over Edward anyday.:)) but the DH just wants to finish the series up.

Maybe later, we will watch it. A bientot!



3 comments:

Julia said...

This looks so good. I love trying new dishes as long as it not to spicy,is not a bug, and is not served with eyeballs then Im good. Ive seen some crazy stuff.

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Julia, thanks for visiting my blog! The DH and I are foodies...so i struggle with weight-loss (or is it gain?),lol! will look you up on FB too! see you around! -ava-j

Shelly said...

I am so eating sushi again tomorrow...lol!