Saturday, October 2, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking 1-2-3 by ScrapScraps (Shelly)

A few days ago, I opened my blogger dashboard to find this post from Shelly:



Digital Scrapbooking 1-2-3 Freebies!

After weeks and weeks of sleepless nights, my efforts have finally paid off...

Everyone, I would like to present to you... DigitalScrapbooking123.com! This site features loads of freebies, tutorials, tips and scrapbooking ideas.


I have always dreamed of putting up a site which will be helpful to my fellow digiscrappers and I couldn't have been happier with this.

And below is one of our featured freebie in the site:



Happy scrapping everyone!

And because Shelly is the first digi-scrapper friend I made, I've a vested interest in her progress, you could say! :)
And I just had to drop her a note... 


wow, what a pleasant surprise! and im so happy for (and proud) of you for sharing so much more of yourself to other scrappers! you can count on me to support you in your new project, you go girl!
September 29, 2010 6:54 AM
The next day, she had another post, so I moseyed down to her blog and knowing Shelly (who unfailingly answers the comments), I knew she'd have a reply to my first note. I just did NOT expect it to be this: 


Hi Ava! Thanks, I do appreciate the support. I, being one of your huge fan most especially when it comes to your writing skills, would love you to be one of my guest writer for digital scrapbooking 123... so, if you have some scrapbooking or photography or any article that you can share pertaining to the site... please do not hesitate to email me... shelly@digitalscrapbooking123.com. Take care, Shelly
September 30, 2010 1:18 AM
My DH was so surprised when I started laughing (hysterically, almost) after I read it...and he rushed to see what the ruckus was all about! And sweet supportive man that he is, he said that I could do it, no sweat, and that I would write really great articles too!! (drat, can i take that back? now I've pressured myself even more quoting him like that!!)
When I had sobered up a bit, I sent this off:

OH MY LORDY!! Are you joshing me Shelly? Im soo flattered about what you wrote...but Im terrified at the prospect of "guest writing",lol.I trust this has no time limit tho, so Iv (lotsa) time to learn before Im brave enough to submit sumthing!! I'll be in touch t.h.e.n.,lol. Thank you Shelly, you've made my day!
October 1, 2010 2:58 AM
You should have seen me after the news had sunk in...I was mildly shell-shocked. I'm not normally a drama-queen but my socks had been rocked off, believe me.(hey, made rhyming words there,hehe) Anyhow, I was in a minor panic, wracking my brains as to what a greener-than-green digi-scrapper like me could possibly share that hasn't already been done by the hugely experienced thousands before me?! But i managed to rein in my galloping anxiety, and trust that something will come to me...given time, lots and lots of time, LOL! And I realized that this was exactly what i meant when I wrote my scrapbooking and me post back in August. In that post, I mused that I would like to "mentor" someone who wanted to start digi-scrapping. I just didn't expect to be given the chance SO SOON! And especially at a time when I'm much too busy learning myself, to even think of teaching! The cautionary "Careful what you wish for" has reared its head and bitten me big-time, LOL! Serves me right! :)
In the meantime, 
I'm holding on to Shelly's latest comment :


Yup... no time limit for you :-) Thanks Ava... keep me posted.
October 1, 2010 9:33 AM
Poor Shelly...she had better not hold her breath, LOL! I'm giving the Cowardly Lion a run for his money just now!
But seriously, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the "writer" label. Never in a million years did I ever think that word would ever apply to me. Hmmm, blogger maybe, but "writer"?! No way. Sure, I've had an English composition chosen (and printed) on a college syllabus when I was a freshman at Uni. And our Tita Carola relishes the mini-novelas masquerading as emails I send her about the family happenings. My med school BFF, Gijie, enjoyed the  emails I sent her during the crazy months before our weddings. And more recently, Izzy said he's always admired my stuff.(Even asking me to write travel-related stuff when the DH and I go on trips...but i haven't taken him up on that... yet!) And of course, the DH, has always been a fan (mostly of the love-letters I've sent,I suspect, haha!).  But why is it that the things our closest and dearest say just don't register until someone (more objective maybe) says the same thing?!! Tsk, tsk. It had to take a Shelly to make me sit up and consider the possibilities of another side of me! And for that, thank you Shelly dear. It makes me love and cherish the written word more, whether I read it...or write it! :) I really hope I wont disappoint you...or my other "fans", HAHA! Like I said, given time....
So that's what's been floating around in my head these past days...  
------------------ 
Meanwhile, I'm still neck-deep in copying and extracting zipped files and transferring them into my EHD.  So far, I've managed to put most of the extracted files into a huge folder in the EHD, and slowly grouping products to designer name. The solo elements/papers/QPs go to other folders. It's really slow going, but I'm hanging on. I'm also getting to know the designers whose work I really enjoy...and I can see me following just a precious few in the future. But I'm still so much of a SB junkie that I keep DL'g everything that catches my eye! I should stop, I know...but it's so much fun, LOL! 
----------------   
I'm waiting for the DH to come home from his judo practice so we can go on our date. Confession: I've missed my margaritas and cocktails since we seriously took on the Project-Bebe. In fact, one night I even  dreamt that I tossed off several shots and then got terrified for the "baby" in my belly, LOL! When I woke up, I promised myself that if I still got my dot (period) again, I'm buying a bottle of sweet wine and drinking it all by myself!  Long story short, neither of our twins (we're dreaming big, can you tell?) could make it this month so the parents (hehe) are going mexican tonight: strawberry margaritas and tacos, yummy!   
I'm off to find my camera, so I don't forget it. Now, where is that DH of mine...

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi Ava... I can't help but smile the whole time while I was reading your post... lol, I don't think that I will ever in a million years be disappointed with whatever you decide to submit to the site... you know what, just give it a try and you just might find your self submitting one article after another... I can't wait for your first article!