Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I won! I won! Dodie’s ScrapNStuff kit!

Another first happened to me yesterday: I got an email from  Dodie saying I won her RAK  [pardon my ignorance but what does RAK mean exactly? I'm guessing it just means a kit,right?] :)

Anyhow, she also sent me the links to the downloads! And I saw my name up among the winners on the announcement post on her blog.


 I really wanted to put up a screen shot of that, but I didn’t know how to,sigh. I remember reading a tutorial for that in one of my scrapbook mags, but I forgot which issue. I know I could just google it, but I’m too lazy to do that right now. Instead, just click the link to Dodie’s blog…so you, too can see my awesome name there, lol!


I changed my mind, I did google it...and I learned to do it.


So here are the screenshots from Dodie's blog. 






They're kinda small...but you get the idea, right? The little red star marks my name...


It seems the initial give-away was for just two lucky scrappers, but she decided to give it to 5 instead, how generous of Dodie, right? But my name was at number 2,  I’d have gotten the free kit even if she had decided otherwise, woohoo!

Here’s how its preview looks like:


One of the things that really caught my eye was the journaling list with “I Scrap Because…” at the top. It seemed the perfect prompt to me and so I decided to make a page with that element.

And here’s the lay-out I ended with:


Hmmm, it’s not much to look at, but it made me stop and think how best to fill out the list (you know, “introspect”…)
I have a hard time making clusters, so I decided to just use 3 elements of each kind: 3 flowers(actually 2 flower stickers & 1 flower brad), 3 ribbons, and then placed them to make a visual triangle. I struggle with design principles, hence my predilection for QP’s, lol! Speaking of QP’s I even tried making one from my LO, on the far-off-chance that another scrapper might want to use it. I saved it in PNG form so they can just pop in their own photos.


I don't know how to upload to 4-shared or the other file-sharing sites...yet. But until I figure that out or google points me in the right direction...I'll just link you up to my Picasa album. Will that do? Here's the link in case you're interested. Oh, and leave a comment(in Picasa or here)if you can! :)

I can't believe I've made my first ever freebie! I can't wait to make more!
Thank you Dodie for starting me on the freebie path, lol! I've always wanted to do that...and finally I am, yay!

So that's it for now. I know I haven't blogged about "real life" for days, but I've downloaded our latest pix from my P&S already, so I should be posting them soon. :) Unless I make more pages...

I'm off now...I just need to send a link to this post back to Dodie. She might want to see what I came up with.

Goodnight! A bientot! 

No comments: