Thursday, October 28, 2010

Domesticated

October 17, 2010 was a lazy, typical Sunday for the DH and I.
We had brunch with Mama and just played on the internet after. The DH scours the web for videos, comic books and music while I check mail and hop around the digi-scrapping sites I follow.

It was still Masskara weekend, and they were closing off sections of the city for the street parades. We didn't want to have to walk through the closed off streets and so decided to head out earlier than usual. But it seems we weren't early enough - the main street leading to the mall had been barricaded off, and we had to walk after all. Good thing we were in sneakers, so the longish walk was not an issue.


First stop was the used bookstore we frequent.
We didn't find anything that we liked so we left the store empty-handed, which is definitely a rare event for us!

I was in the market for athletic stuff so I headed up to the ladies dept. I saw a couple of stuff that seemed promising, but they weren't on sale, so I wasn't interested enough,lol! But I did find a black hoodie that was 20% off...so I got that instead.
I forgot to take a photo of that though, tsk.
The DH wanted to check the electronics and sports section so we headed back downstairs. After strolling through the stores, we found we had gotten hungry again, and started looking for somewhere to sit and grab a bite.

The DH nipped into a pizza take-out stall for 2 slices, and we went to Dunkin' Donuts to sit and eat in peace.


I had ordered the BCT (bacon-coleslaw-tomato) bunwich...and the DH nabbed the ketchup that came with it. He loves his condiments..can you tell from his look of (fake) concentration?


'Course, he can't help being kooky...



Me and my default bunwich


I was so hungry I demolished my bunwich in minutes. Oh dear, no wonder I don't lose weight...I snarf my food down! :(
We got some filled donuts to go with his coffee and my hot choco. But we were disappointed to find that their donuts have shrunk, to almost half their previous sizes! What's up with that?!
Guess even donuts suffer economic cuts,lol! 

We seriously needed to get some food for our bare cupboards, so the grocery was the next stop after we had refueled.


This is the DH at the chicken station. He wanted to get some cuts for a red curry dish he wanted to try out.


Hehe, he's wide no? I love this shirt of his too!

We were about to go home when I remembered that the DH hadn't gotten his dvd-fix yet...so we dropped off our shopping bags, and trekked to the basement.


Us at the dvd stalls where he's a familiar face and a frequent customer.

We came home and made dinner for Mama, since we were still full from our snack. 

All in all, it was just a regular Sunday for the mate and I...but it was still nice hanging out with him. Sometimes, I tease him that he's domesticated...but he never minds. In fact, he's proud to be a "house-band"...and I'm prouder and ecstatic that he's not a helpless male! On the off-days I'm too tired to cook, he would happily man the kitchen to make dinner. And he even wakes earlier (than I) on weekends to make the occasional brunch.
And laundry? He even does his own judo gi's knowing Mama and I CANNOT grapple with his heavy kimonos which get even heavier when wet! He says washing his gi's is another work-out in itself, lol!
I still iron his stuff but he's learned enough to do it himself in a pinch. 

I'm sooo lucky with my hubby. Sigh. :)

On that happy note, I bid y'all goodnight :)

No comments: