Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you organize and tag your digi-scrap supplies?

I'm done transferring my zipped files into my new EHD (insert happy dance here :)...but I've still to organize and tag them. So, if you (dear digi-scrappers) wanna share the method that works for you...I would love to hear them.

I just know that I want to keep the kits together as opposed to breaking them up into individual categories (embellies, papers, masks, etc).
In my previous (dis-)organizational life, I ignorantly broke kits apart, thinking it'd make it easy to call up all the buttons when I needed one for a lay-out. Huge mistake! By the time I had dumped all the buttons into a folder, I had oodles and oodles of them! And when the laptop (finally) got around to displaying them all for me...I just got sooo overwhelmed by the immense array! No fun at all.

In my non-scrapping world, I enjoy shopping better when I have a moderately controlled choice, like say a small arcade selling the stuff I'm hunting for. Otherwise, I just freeze up and will NOT be able to buy a thing if I'm confronted by a vast stock-house or acres and acres of shops and stalls!

Same with digi-scrap supplies, I just need enough choices...but not too much. Note to self: quit downloading the freebies already!!
Although I'm happy to report I'm more discerning with the stuff I collect now. I just grab the stuff that totally excites me and those I know I'll actually be able to use. So mostly, I'm in the market for QP's because I'm also a lazy scrapper sometimes, lol! (to my non-scrapping readers: these are quick pages or ploppers or ready-made pages,minus photos ):)

Anyhow, I'm presently going through the stuff I have in my EHD, and weeding out the ones that don't move me. It's slow-going since  the pack-rat in me keeps murmuring " Hold on, You never know, You might use that in the future..." and the more ruthless part retorts, "Yeah right, I doubt it, you wouldn't even miss it at all. Delete it QUICK!"
Sigh...this could be a while.

But while I'm wading through folders, I'm also revisiting the stuff that I can't wait to play with, mostly boy, play and school kits and QP's for my nephew Ben...and even the wedding kits, so I can actually start scrapping pages for both our beach and church weddings.

And that's where I ventured into Adobe Bridge, so I can tag the kits and all. I've had that little brown button living in my Ps for the past year now, but I've never clicked on it at all.
But when I stumbled into the DigiScrap101.com site and found the videos and tuts by Kayla Lamoreaux (she totally rocks I have to say)...she convinced me to try Bridge out. Although, she also recommends combining Lightroom with Bridge...but I can only handle 1 new software at a time. In fact, my head is already spinning from Kayla's videos that I've been visiting and re-visiting!! 

I was on FB earlier today and "talked" to Shelly about what kind of organizing software she uses: Picasa. I may have to try it out too if I find I'm in over my head in Bridge, lol!

So, while I was in my QP folder, I found one that I wanted to use for one of Ben's photos.


This was taken by Ben's dad (my brother Ian) when they were at the playground at the Capitol Lagoon. He must not have been in the mood that afternoon because most of the photos taken there had him looking pretty glum, lol. Still, I felt the playful QP worked for this photo of Ben on the climbing frame. :)
I usually upload LO's I make of Ben onto my FB page and tag him and Aimee (his mom). They're both in the UK now...so sharing photos and LO's are just other ways of keeping in touch. I dunno if they've seen it yet though, Ben just started school this September so he must be really busy with his life right now.:) Miss that lil monkey a lot. :(

My cousin Cynthia, who works in HK,on the other hand, saw Ben's page. Then I remembered that I had recent photos taken of her niece, Sathea and Cynthia's Nanay when they were at our house the other week. I thought I'd make a LO for her.




I used a QP by SuperScrappinMom using Summer Sorbets by Rainamoon Scraps, added a cute butterfly from BastelGalaxy's Sun and Fun kit, and made a pretty paper to paste behind Sathea's photo using an overlay from HG Graphics. Oh, and I used the Soft & Faded action by Pioneer Woman on Sathea's photo too.

Cynthia liked the LO enough to have used it as her current profile pic! I love scrapping for the fun and enjoyment it gives people I create for, don't you? :)

And then last Tuesday, on the same day of Bacolod's Charter day (October 19), our friend Bacion celebrated her birthday. She prefers to be called Sally, but I've known her as Bacion, so Bacion she will always be to me, lol! (So can you guess that her full name is Salvacion?!)
Bacion has been with the DH's family (as secretary and farm manager, you could say) since the DH was a lil kid in short pants...so she is well-loved.


The QP made by Lucie using Bellisae's Spotty Pinky was ready-made cuteness! I used the photos of Bacion and her hubby Nong Elmer (home from Saudi until January) I took during TVI's birthday. :)

As I saved my LO's into my Ps Projects folder, I found some more LO's that I haven't put up yet.


I think this page is still unfinished, I haven't gotten around to journalling or naming the people yet, lol!
There's Izzy, Beha, Me, the DH, Richie, Teray and lil Tin2, when we were all up at Buenos Aires Mountain Resort in Bago City, just a day after our classmate MBJ's wedding on Dec 26, 2009.
It was an impromptu get-away, which we all enjoyed!
I love this group...we've been friends for more than 2 decades (since Uni)!

And I also found this LO of Muttilda. And I think I've posted this in FB already. :)



I used the Mango Tango QP by Delicious Scraps...I really love the  fruity colors of the page, fits its name perfectly! :)

That's it for me now...I'm going back to my EHD and keep tossing stuff out. :) Wish me luck? LOL!

A bientot!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today! :) It made my day to have such a nice comment! It just so happens that I will be sorting out my EHD in the next couple weeks (especially my digi kits!)

Una Lome said...

Love your Layouts!
Organize....trying to but that is very hard :)

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hello Theresa! Thanks for dropping by too. I really love your part on the blog train...hope to play with it soon. :)
And good luck with your organization too. "See" you around ...

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Hi Bellabeluga, thanks for the visit...and the lovely comment!
I'm still working on my system, I guess, it will always be a work in progress! Oh, and thanks for following me too,I'm flattered!

Una Lome said...

Scrapping around the world...the Nederlands is a beautyfull country, maybe you will get here someday hope so...you got my email :)!!

Hug Bella.